[R] Entire Organization Switching from SAS to R - Any experience?

Kelvin Lam lamkelf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:57:41 CEST 2009

I should elaborate the situation a bit more.  We store our data in UNIX and
have been using UNIX SAS for our work.  My Biostat dept has 40 SAS users
from which at most 10 also use R.  The Epi/Grad Students/Investigators
combine for another 30-40 not-so-frequent SAS users let alone R.  So we are
talking about 80 folks/workhorses in the entire institute.

One of my thoughts is to break up the Biostat group into two so that one
uses R solely to reduce the number of licences.   IMHO, the pro is to worry
a smaller group of users.  However, the cons will be who to be assigned to
respective group.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC