[R] dse model setup help

Bob McCall rcmcll at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:41:06 CEST 2009

I thought that I wanted the non-innovations form but wanted R and w(t) to be
zero. I
thought leaving out R would give that. What I'm trying to do is estimate a
transfer function
noise model. I noticed that you suggested to another person to use ARMA()
and one can estimate the forecast function of a tfn as an ARMAX but there
are some
problems doing that. There's a paper on the internet that I'm trying to
duplicate. If you had the
time, it will show you exactly what I'm trying to do. You will probably be
able to tell at a glance
if SS() will work for this setup. Here's the link:

http://www.mssanz.org.au/MODSIM01/Vol%201/Vermeulen.pdf

The only things this paper doesn't include in the model is a constant and
multiple inputs,
but that should be easy to change.

Bob