[R] R-package question

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Jul 19 13:01:50 CEST 2009

spime wrote:
> Dear R-users,
>
> Suppose I want to modify and use internal functions of an R-package as my
> requirement. By any way is it possible to explore the internal coding
> structure of a package and get a list of internal functions?

The best way is to download the source to the package, which will be on
CRAN if that's where you got the package.

You can see a deparsed version of the R code just by asking to print the
functions (possibly prefixed with pkgname::: if they aren't exported),
but the source is always better.

Duncan Murdoch