[R] Regression for loop test HELP! URGENT!

Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk Richard.Cotton at hsl.gov.uk
Mon Jul 20 11:35:01 CEST 2009

> I'm new to R, and I've sent this message as a non-member, but since it's
> pretty urgent, I'm sending it again now I'm on the mailing list (Thanks
> Daniel for your suggestion nevertheless).
>
> I have calculated a regression in the form of M ~ D + O + S, and I would
> like to take this regression and test it with other samples, 5 sets of
M, D,
> O, and S at a time(I actually have 2000 sets, so it's probably not
efficient
> to make each a separate set and then index). Since I'll need to test the
> regression for 400 groups, I thought a for loop might be necessary. I've
put
> everything into a data frame already. Can anyone tell me how to write
the
> code? I'm especially not sure about how to do the for loop.
> And then how would I calculate the error of how well the test samples
fit
> the original regression?
> This is for my internship, so it's very urgent.

Take a deep breath, and think calm thoughts.  Take a look at the posting
guide (http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html) - it has useful ideas
on thinking through your problem.  If you can provide some code then we
can see what you want more clearly.

Show us how you've done your regression what form your data is in.  Tell
us which tests you'd like to do on the samples.

If you are stuck with for loops, then take a look at section 9.2.2 in the
Intro to R guide that comes with R.  (Click Help -> Manuals -> an
Introduction to R in RGui.)

Regards,
Richie.

Mathematical Sciences Unit