[R] moving columns on a stripchart closer together

Leslie J Seltzer lseltzer at wisc.edu
Mon Jul 20 23:22:05 CEST 2009

Greetings

I have a very simple question that I have not been able to solve by reading the manual. When I produce a stripchart with two straight columns of dots representing individual observations, one representing one group of subjects and the other representing another, the columns wind up at the far left and far right sides of the plot, and I'd like them to be closer together, about as far apart as they'd be if I used the boxplot function. I would also like to add a short horizontal line where the mean is for each of the columns, so that my readers can see the results of my significant t test graphically.

Any assistance in moving my columns together and adding just a short horizontal line for the mean of each would be great.

Sincerely,

Dr. Leslie J. Seltzer
University of Wisconsin-Madison
382 Waisman Center