[R] Re gression for loop test HELP! URGENT!

Tue Jul 21 05:14:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I think the problem is that I've been getting replies about how to
> make new
> regressions, when in fact, I need to use the one I've produced
> already to
> fit new data, 5 rows at a time, to see if it is also a good
> representation
> of further data. From the replies, I'm getting the impression that
> the only
> way I can do that is bye producing more regressions and calculating
> the
> error, but I'm not sure how I should do that, if I get hundreds of new
> regressions.

So ... I haven't read the replies in this thread, but I'd be surprised
if you haven't been directed to the "predict" function.

The call to "lm" will return you an object of class "lm". Calling
"predict" on that object on *new* data will actually call the
predict.lm function, and does exactly what it seems like you're asking
to do, which is to "fit new data."

I think having a look through the documentation in ?predict.lm should
make this clear, no?

Is this what you're after?

HTH,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

Contact Info: http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos