[R] Show representation of a data structure

bwgoudey bwgoudey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:13:45 CEST 2009

  I'm currently working with some large complex data structures eg list of
lists of data_frames containing lots more variables and lists etc.
Sometimes, I'd like to be able to bring up a simple representation of the
structure I'm working with, minus all of the values it contains (so simply
printing the variable doesn't work as its too hard to see structure when
there are 1000s of values being printed).  I know there is a function in R
that allows you to do something like this but I cannot remember what it is
and my searching has turned up nothing. Does anyone know the function I'm
talking about or have any other useful suggestions as to what I can do?

   Thanks