[R] how to change the "quantile" method in bwplot

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 21 14:47:30 CEST 2009

Jun Shen wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> Since quantile calculation has nine different methods in R, I wonder how I
> specify a method when calling the bwplot() in lattice. I couldn't find any
> information in the documentation. Thanks.

bwplot() uses the panel function panel.bwplot() which allows to specify
a function that calculates the statistics in its argument stats that
defaults to boxplot.stats(). Hence you can change that function.

Example with some fixed values:

bwplot( ~ 1:10,
     stats = function(x, ...)
         return(list(stats=1:5, n=10, conf=1, 10, out=integer(0)))
)

Uwe Ligges