[R] Re gression using age and Duration of disease as a continous factors

1Rnwb sbpurohit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:29:29 CEST 2009

Thanks Steve,Thanks for the explanation,  I agree the question is too vague,
I do not what a regression is I have switched to R a couple of months ago,
after working in Excel for a long time.  I also know the lm, glm functions
in R. but due to my data I am completely lost.  it looks like the experts
individuals just come to poke fun at our expesense who has no background of
statistics.

I have a 8 proteins and I have two groups with 840 samples in control and
1140 samples in diseases further stratified by sex, draw age, duration of
disease. all these groups and sub groups is making the thing very confusing
as how to do the regression in R. the pupose is to show the changes in the
levels of these proteins as the disease progress or changes in their levels
with respect to progression in age, effect of gender, SNPs for these
proteins, it is a pretty big dataset.

The suggestion that consult the statistician is kind of funny as  the
statistician in my center is my co-mentor and from past 5 years he is
sitting on the data without any output.

I am not here to ask someone to do my data analysis, but to get an
understanding of the process as well as a proper direction to look for the
analysis.  after all I do have to explain all these things to my boss as
well.

Thanks