[R] time attribute from a file

Erik Iverson eiverson at NMDP.ORG
Tue Jul 21 23:06:51 CEST 2009

Peter, that is assigning the time of creation of the object name.

I think Erin might be looking for the file.info function, see ?file.info .

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of Peter Alspach
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:03 PM
To: Erin Hodgess; R help
Subject: Re: [R] time attribute from a file

Tena koe Erin

You could write a wee wrapper and give the file an attribute.  For
example,

copy <- function (file = "clipboard", sep = "\t", na.strings = c("NA",
    "*"), as.is = T, ...)
{
    myX <- read.table(file, sep = sep, na.strings = na.strings,
        as.is = as.is, ...)
    attr(myX, "copy time") <- Sys.time()
    myX
}

I did this some time ago, but I must admit that I find it of limited
value.

HTH ....

Peter Alspach