[R] margins defined in randomForest and supclust

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jul 22 10:46:30 CEST 2009

Weiwei Shi wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How to solve the conflicts as to the same object between two packages, for
> example, like margins in both randomForest and supclust?
>
> When both libraries are installed, supclust will complain "margins" defined
> in randomForest.
>
> I can only solve it by re-starting R, which is very inconvenient, any clever
> way?

Well, the *package* (not library!) randomForest has a NAMESPACE and
should not be affected by loading supclust afterwards - and you can
access its margin function explicitly with randomForest::margin()

Unfortunately, supclust does not have a NAMESPACE and may be affected by
later loading randomForest. Hence workaround is to load randomForest at
first.
Aynway, you could try to convince the authors / maintainer of supclust
to add a Namespace. I'll start bugging them by CCing this message. ;-)

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges