[R] Collinearity in Linear Multiple Regression

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 14:58:34 CEST 2009

Hi Alex,

I personally have had more success with the (more complicated)
collinearity diagnostics proposed by Belsley, Kuh & Welsch in their book
"Regression Diagnostics" than with Variance Inflation Factors. See also:

Belsley, D. A. A Guide to using the collinearity diagnostics.
Computational Economics, 1991, 4, 33-50

However, I know of no R package that implements these diagnostics.
Anyway, it's not hard to do so oneself.

Good luck!
Stephan