[R] IDE's/Editors for R-- Was: Multi-line comments?

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:13:28 CEST 2009

On 07/22/2009 06:49 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Bert Gunter<gunter.berton at gene.com>  wrote:
>> You can find a list of IDE's/R code editors for R here:
>> http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/projects/Editors.html
>>
>> However, this is somewhat dated, and you may find others not here just by
>> googling on "R Editor", "R IDE", etc.
>>
> Missing from the list are the cross-platform: Geany, SciViews-K, JGR.
> A future addition will be the promising jEditR [1].
>
> Another such list is on Wikipedia. It is also worth searching the ML
> archives, since similar discussions popped-up several times.
> Liviu
>
> [1] http://romainfrancois.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/2009/07/08/useR!-slides

Thanks for the free marketing... at the moment we are dealing with
installation procedures, so I would not say it is ready for prime time
just yet.

The old list of R editors (and guis) should really be moved away in the
R wiki or something so that people can update it more often, and also
perhaps people could then review/rank their preferred tool.

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Independent R Consultant