[R] rows missing after dataset loaded to R

Rnewbie xuancj at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 19:02:21 CEST 2009

Thank you very much for the reply. I checked the rows and it was the
unbalanced " quote marks in some of the rows that caused the problem. Once I
disabled quoting altogether, the problem is solved.

I have one more basic question.  I disabled quoting when loading the file to
R, and all the columns consisting of characters with or without quotation
marks displayed normally. What does quoting actually do in R?