[R] Does roxygen work with S4 classes

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Jul 24 15:41:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to run roxygen to generate Rdoc for code that define S4 classes.
Apparently the files generated/updated by function 'roxygenize' don't
follow the naming convention of package.skeleton myClass-class.Rd and
myGeneric-methods.Rd. I've got duplicate files for each class and
method, and the ones from roxygen are quite empty (no slot definition
etc...). The ones generated by package.skeleton are complete but don't
include the documentation I embedded into the code files.

I saw some discussion going about S4 and roxygen some while ago.
What's the recommended procedure (if there is one) to get things working
flawless (ie. all the doc in the right place)?

Thanks,
Renaud