[R] skip plot/blank plot on purpose (multi-plot question)

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Jul 27 21:21:01 CEST 2009

Well, all of this can be done quite nicely with lattice graphics: ?xyplot
(See, e.g. the "skip" argument)

1) Is there some generic way to call plot and have it plot, but it
plots nothing so I don't see anything at all in position 12? This
could be a blank plot function I call when I notice the data set is
empty.

-- But if you do not wish to learn lattice, please at least read the docs on
standard graphics: ?plot (the type argument) ?plot.default (the axes
argument)

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech, Inc.

2) Is there some generic way to specify the position number I want the
next plot to use so that I'd not plot 12 but would specify 13?

Thanks,
Mark