[R] computing the radius of an arc

Nair, Murlidharan T mnair at iusb.edu
Mon Jul 27 22:10:06 CEST 2009

Alex Brenning, the developer of the RSAGA package told me that and I quote "the RSAGA package (which uses functions from the free geographical information system [GIS] SAGA GIS) has a curvature function that is designed to calculate the curvature of surfaces, in particular raster (i.e. gridded) digital elevation models. I am not aware of a function in SAGA GIS or other GIS that would calculate curvatures along a line, especially not in 3D"

I shall try to develop it and if I am successful I shall make it available.

Cheers../Murli