[R] aggregating strings

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Jul 28 17:59:05 CEST 2009

You are probably going to get tons of answers, as there are many ways -- and
packages -- to do this (e.g. see packages reshape and plyr). However, you
might want to take a look at ?tapply, for which aggregate() is a wrapper,
for the basic core R approach.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics