[R] Moving axis-labels

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Jul 28 19:39:31 CEST 2009

You can use par(mgp=c(...)) to change where the axis labels are placed by default, but this affects both the x and y axis.  Another alternative is to not plot the x axis label (xlab=''), then use the title or mtext function you can manually place the axis label where you want it.  Also look at the 'mar' section of the help on par for the way to increase the area in the margin.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center