[R] install package from CRAN

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Wed Jul 29 02:57:13 CEST 2009

The error you are getting is from the bash shell.  Are you trying to run the command from the shell, or from inside R?  You need to start R and then run install.packages('mvtnorm') from the R terminal.  You still may have permission problems, and I think you will need to have installed and have access to the appropriate tools for building packages.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA  98504-5204