[R] Showing time progression on (triangle) plots

JS Walker jw2324 at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 11:01:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have made some nice triangle plots showing the projected airborne,
landborne and oceanborne fraction of anthropogenic emitted carbon dioxide
at 10 year intervals for the next century.

Currently all ten points on my plot are identical so I can't distinguish
between them. I would like to be able to track the trend as the century
progresses.

How can I show the time progression on the plot (I was thinking a gradual
colour, character type or character size change)?

Thanks for the help

Jim

The code I have used for the plot uses 'plotrix' (thanks to the Bristol
mirror):

Fractions <-matrix(c(LF10,AF10,OF10), ncol=3)
colnames(Fractions, do.NULL = TRUE, prefix="col")
colnames(Fractions) <- c("Landborne fraction", "Airborne fraction",
"Oceanborne fraction")
library(plotrix)
triax.plot(x=Fractions,main="Where do anthropogenic emissions
reside?",at=seq(0.1,0.9,by=0.1),axis.labels=NULL,
tick.labels=NULL,col.axis="black",cex.axis=1,cex.ticks=1,align.labels=TRUE,show.grid=TRUE,col.grid="gray",lty.grid=par("lty"),cc.axes=FALSE,show.legend=FALSE,label.points=FALSE,point.labels=NULL,col.symbols="2",pch=par("pch"),no.add=TRUE)

JS Walker
jw2324 at bristol.ac.uk