[R] Problem with RGtk2 & Rattle

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Fri Jul 31 09:31:32 CEST 2009

This error comes from using an old version of the GTK+ libraries.

Download the latest version for Windows from
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

-Felix

2009/7/31 Graham Williams <Graham.Williams at togaware.com>:
> Hi Wayne - but what version of the other tools have you installed?
>
> Regards,
> Graham
>

> 2009/7/30 Wayne Murray <wayne.murray at medicareaustralia.gov.au>
>

>> HI Graham
>>
>> Thanks for responding so promptly - unfortunately downloading and running
>> this new version of Rattle did not alter the outcome - I am however running
>> on Windows XP
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Wayne
>>

>> Wayne Murray wrote:
>> >
>> > HI
>> >
>> > Apologies for previously trying to post this question onto the Dev forum.
>> >
>> > I have recently update my versions of R and related packages. When I try
>> > to use rattle the following message appears
>> >
>> > "Error in .RGtkCall("R_setGObjectProps", obj, value, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
>> >   Invalid property tooltip-text!"
>> >
>> > I have downloaded and installed the latest available version of RGtk2, so
>> > I am at a loss to explain this error, or more importantly what I need to
>> > do to overcome it
>> >
>> > Thanks for any suggestions
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Wayne
>> >

>> -----
>> Dr D. W. Murray
>> Canberra, Australia
>> --

Felix Andrews / 安福立
Postdoctoral Fellow
Integrated Catchment Assessment and Management (iCAM) Centre
Fenner School of Environment and Society [Bldg 48a]
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
M: +61 410 400 963
T: + 61 2 6125 1670