[R] Tests for Two Independent Samples

tedzzx zengzhenxing at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 15:38:10 CEST 2009

Dear R users,

I have got two samples:
sample A with observation of 223:
   sample A has five categories: 1,2,3,4,5 (I use the numer 1,2,3,4,5 to
define the five differen categories)
   there are 5 observations in category 1; 81 observations in category 2;110
observations in category 3;
   27 observations in category 4; 0 observations in category 5;
To present the sample in R: a<-rep(1:5, c(5,81,110,27,0))

sample B with observation of 504:
   sample B also has the same five categories: 1,2,3,4,5
   there are 6 observations in category 1; 127 observations in category
2;297 observations in category 3;
   72 observations in category 4; 2 observations in category 5;
To present the sample in R: b<-rep(1:5, c(6,127,297,72,2))

I want to test weather these two samples have significant difference in
distribution ( or Tests for Two Independent Samples).

I find a webside in: http://faculty.chass.ncsu.edu/garson/PA765/mann.htm

This page shows four nonparametric tests. Bust I can only find the test
Kolmogorov-Smirnov Z Test.
res<-ks.test(a,b)

Can any one tell me which package has the other 3 tests? or Is there any
other test for my question?

Thanks advance

Ted