[R] warning message when running quantile regression

Ronggui Huang ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 04:10:33 CEST 2009

You may not get response as this is in faq of rq package.

7. [Non-positive fis]  "What does the message "Non-positive fis" mean?

   When method ="nid" is used in summary local density estimates are made at
   each x_i value, in some cases these estimates can be negative and if so
   they are set to zero.  This is generally harmless, leading to a somewhat
   conservative (larger) estimate of the standard errors, however if the
   reported number of non-positive fis is large relative to the sample size
   then it is an indication of misspecification of the model.
(http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/research/rq/FAQ)

Ronggui