[R] Most used R editors

Wensui Liu liuwensui at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:45:01 CEST 2009

i'd like to use emacs, both on windows and unix. very powerful toy.
besides writing R, i also like to use emacs to write sas and to access
oracle db.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Martial Sankar
<martial100kar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a little lonely as R users in my group. So, I would like to know which editor is the most used in the R community.
> This post is some kind of survey.
>
> Personally, I use  Emacs with ESS, It permits to :
>
> - open more than one R session
> - split the emacs editor as many part as you want.
> - use a lot of keybindings.
>
> I also tried Rkwards, Scilab (windows), JGR etc... but they are not suitable for what I do.
>
> Best,
>
> - Martial

WenSui Liu
Blog   : statcompute.spaces.live.com
Tough Times Never Last. But Tough People Do.  - Robert Schuller