[R] Most used R editors

Hans-Peter Suter gchappi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:48:01 CEST 2009

>> I am a little lonely as R users in my group. So, I would like to know which editor is the most used in the R community.

I think Emacs+ESS is most used and the most capable (if you are
willing to invest the time to learn it properly).

Personally I mostly use TextMate with the R bundle (or RMate, own
variant thereof). On Windows I use E-Texteditor, TM's cousin. Albeit
there are some bugs & issues, E-Texteditor is quite a decent editor
and with the RMate bundle (will publish it sometime) lines can be sent
to RGui and info/help pops up. Wouldn't go back to TinnR...

Cheers,
Hans-Peter

------
emacs - “a great operating system, lacking only a decent editor”.