[R] possible overloading of interaction.plot ???

Thomas Roth (geb. Kaliwe) hamstersquats at web.de
Wed Jun 3 17:23:51 CEST 2009

Dear Members,

i have defined a S4-class and a function for that class wich is to be
called interaction.plot. Problem: interaction.plot already exists so

setMethod(f = "interaction.plot", signature = "myClass", definition =
function(x){ invisible() })

    Fehler in conformMethod(signature, mnames, fnames, f, fdef,
definition) :
    In method for function "interaction.plot": formale Argumente, die in
der Methodendefinition ausgelassen wurden, können nicht in der Signatur
(x.factor = "myClass") sein

won't work because it is already defined.

Is there a solution that keeps the original interaction.plot and lets me
define a interaction.plot for objects of my S4-Class?

Thank you for your time

Thomas Roth