[R] Understanding R Hist() Results...

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 06:00:11 CEST 2009

Think I'm missing something to understand what is going on with hist(...)

http://n2.nabble.com/What-is-going-on-with-Histogram-Plots-td3022645.html

For my example I count 7 unique years, however, on the histogram there only 6.  It looks like the bin to the left of the tic mark on the x-axis represents the number of entries for that year, i.e. Frequency.

I guess it looks like the bin for 1990 is missing.  Is there a better way or a different histogram R command to use in order to see all the age bins and them for them to be aligned directly over the year tic mark on the x-axis?

Thanks again for any insights that can be provided.