[R] Rpad - avoid removal of manually created html-tags in R chunk

Martin Gartner h0351427 at wu-wien.ac.at
Sat Jun 6 10:35:41 CEST 2009

Dear Rpad-users,

currently I am setting up a web page using Rpad (www.rpad.org). But I
have a problem with generating dynamic html-output in the Rpad chunk.
Here an example of my problem:

I have the following index.html file:

  <head>
    <title>example</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="gui/Rpad.js"></script>
  </head>
    <pre dojoType="Rpad" rpadRun="init" rpadOutput="html"
rpadHideSource="true">
      x <-
    </pre>

If I run Rpad("index.html") in the local server mode and when I turn to
my Rgui, then the object "x" looks like "ABab", i.e. all my html-tags
are removed within the R-chunk.

I know that I can avoid this with nested "HtmlTree"s, e.g.

H("table", H("tr", H("th", "A"), H("th", "B")), H("tr", H("td", "a"),
H("td", "b")))

but as I have to produce html-output of a large dataframe (100 rows and
6 colums), the nesting takes too much time (because every cell element
might have conditional formatting and I have to check each element) and
I think it would be faster with pasting all html-code manually into a
character-object and printing this object as html. But trying this I
have the above mentioned problem.

Can anybody help me? If anybody knows a solution, how I can avoid, that
the html-tags are removed from my "x" (see example above), I think, I
can produce my output very fast.

Thanks and best regards,
Martin