[R] ridiculous behaviour printing to eps: labels all messed up!

maiya maja.zaloznik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:16:57 CEST 2009

Solution!!

Peter, that seems to do the trick!

dev.copy2eps(file="test.eps", useKerning=FALSE)

correctly places the labels without splitting them!
the same also works with postscript() of course.

I also found another thread where this was solved
http://www.nabble.com/postscript-printer-breaking-up-long-strings-td23322197.html
here  - sorry for duplicating threads. Apparently it is considered a feature
of the printer! I don't understand the string width calculation rationale,
and I hope it doesn't cause other problems along the way, but it's looking
good for now!

As for Zeljko... nice one :) of course I thought of it, but I do have more
than 26 labels, and furthermore this just annoyed me so much, I had to
figure it out! ipak hvala!

Thanks guys!

Maja