[R] Survreg function for loglogistic hazard estimation

chenjiakai chenjiakai at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:40:42 CEST 2009

Dear Terry,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  The result of survreg reads like:

Call:
survreg(formula = Surv(end, status) ~ fico_demean, data = raw,
    dist = "loglogistic", model = TRUE)
               Value Std. Error      z         p
(Intercept)  2.98365   1.34e-03 2233.2  0.00e+00
fico_demean -0.00183   5.36e-05  -34.2 4.18e-256
Log(scale)  -1.41070   2.65e-03 -532.9  0.00e+00

So given your transform the intercept term and log(scale) matches the a and
b respectively - thanks a lot.  The effect of fico_demean, however, still
seems not close.  I will try to find the K&P book.

Yes, the function which(rnos <= bhaz * exp(dfico[i]*dficoeff))[1] is
identical with min(which(rnos <= bhaz * exp(dfico[i]*dficoeff))), because
the vector of subscription returned by 'which' is always ascending.  bhaz is
not a constant but a vector of baseline hazard rate, so 'which' will do a
element by element comparison.  If bhaz is a constant, then endtime[i] will
follow a geometric distribution.

I appreciate your help.  Thanks a lot.

Jiakai Chen