[R] SECOND MESSAGE: Re: Question about R an SPSS

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:30:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:47 AM, DIEGO CHAVEZ<diego.chavez at andinanet.net> wrote:
>  I am reading about the functional features of R statistical software, because I want to compare these progarm with the basic module of SPSS software.
>  I would like to know  if the  R  version 2.9.0 application   is capable of  read and procces entry  files that were created in  SPSS program version 17 or earliers.

To begin with R, and to switch from SPSS, you would check JGR and
Rcmdr, two graphical interfaces to R. Rcmdr graphically allows you to
import SPSS files, and also allows to run statistical analyses in a
point-and-click fashion (*somewhat* in the style of SPSS). Read the
help page of the function associated with SPSS import to see what
versions of SPSS it supports (either `foreign; ?read.spss' or click
`help' in the relevant menu in Rcmdr).
Liviu