[R] R on EC2 and R CMD javareconf

Allan Engelhardt allane at cybaea.com
Wed Jun 10 12:44:10 CEST 2009

Java on Fedora 8 is a little funny so my guess is that is where the
problem is (or that you are missing the Java development (*-devel)
packages).  I am (right now) building an Amazon image with Fedora 11 on
x86_64 with R (and the "Engineering and Scientific" group) installed:
let me know if you want me to share it once it is done even though you'd
need a 40c/hour instance to run it.

Allan.