[R] Two-sided log axis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jun 10 18:23:50 CEST 2009

I would not have called such an axis "logarithmic" since the logarithm
function is bounded below at 0, but I think that what you seek will be
found among the examples that accompany Sarkar's book, chapter 8,
figures 8.3 - 8.5:

http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

On Jun 10, 2009, at 12:05 PM, John Wiedenhoeft wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two curves that are best displayed using a logarithmic y-
> axis. I want
> to plot the difference of these curves, which means I would need a
> log scaling
> on both the negative and the positive side (i.e. the y-axis should
> be -100 -10
> -1 0 1 10 100). Zero values should not be discarded.
>
> Is there an easy way to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> John

David Winsemius, MD