[R] Preventing .Call from printing a blank line to the R console on Windows

Joel joel.bernanke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:16:22 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I am using the CVODES integrator in the Rsundials package.  Every time
I call the integrator, a blank line is printed in the console.  Using
debug, I was able to isolate the problem to this line in the function
cvodes(...):

solutions = .Call("cvodes", PACKAGE = "Rsundials", as.double(y), ...

Since I am running the integrator thousands of times, I wind up with
thousands of blank lines.  This makes it hard to print out periodic
updates from a for loop; they are lost among all the blank lines!

Is it somehow possible to stop this .Call command from printing a
blank line?

Thank you for your help.