[R] R and Sound

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:26:59 CEST 2009

Hello,

I recently have started to learn about R, and am interested in using
it to generate data that would then get used to produce audio.

Basically, I am "envisioning" using R to create the data, based on
probability functions (and fractal data), which then gets output as a
text data file, and then processed by CSound to produce the finished
audio.

My interests are based on some of the work by Iannis Xenakis of using
probability functions to generate various synthesis parameter data.

Just curious if anyone has used this method of working with R.

Thanks,

--

Mae West  - "I like restraint, if it doesn't go too far." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mae_west.html