[R] Fast JSON <-> R converter?

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Sat Jun 13 01:16:46 CEST 2009

It is not so much that rjson is implemented in R that makes it slow,
just that it does not use vectorized operations.

The package RJSONIO

    http://www.omegahat.org/RJSONIO

can be used as a drop-in replacement for rjson and was written to be
faster (by using vectorized operations) and extensible via S4 methods.

(We use R to JSON in the SVGAnnotation, FlashMXML and RGraphicsDevice
packages.)

  D.