[R] coxph and robust variance estimation

"Sven Knüppel" sven.knueppel at gmx.de
Mon Jun 15 11:40:39 CEST 2009

Hello,

I would like to compare two different models in the framework of Cox proportional hazards regression models.

On Rsitesearch and google I don't find a clear answer to my question.

My R-Code (R version 2.9.0)

coxph.fit0 <- coxph(y ~ z2_ + cluster(as.factor(keys))+ strata(stratvar_),
    method="breslow" ,robust=T  )

coxph.fit1 <- coxph(y ~ z_ + cluster(as.factor(keys))+ strata(stratvar_),
  method="breslow" ,robust=T  )  # marker and covariates

# Analysis of Devaince table
coxph.aov <- anova(coxph.fit0 , coxph.fit1, test="Chisq")

In the single models coxph.fit0 and coxph.fit1 I can use a robust variance estimation.
It seems that the function anova don't use a robust estimation for the analysis of deviance.

My question is, how can I use robust estimation for the analysis of deviance?

With kind regards,

Sven Knüppel
--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss