[R] 'Errors' with Ubuntu

Tony Breyal tony.breyal at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 15 14:13:40 CEST 2009

Hi Len,

I have only just installed Ubuntu 9.04 the other day on my PC (1 HDD,
partitioned with Windows Vista Premium) and experienced the Error 22.
This would stop me from booting into either Windows or Ubuntu and just
be a blank screen with the error message, no way to move forward.

I am completely new to Linux, but one suggestion in the Ubuntu help
forum was to reinstall Ubuntu from the Live CD. I did this (changing
the BIOS to boot from the DVD drive first) and it corrected the GRUB
error and I am now able to boot into either Operating System. I did
not experience the other error numbers you mentioned so am not sure if
this will help in your situation.

My next challenge is working out how to install R on Ubuntu (will try
this weekend)!

HTH,
Tony Breyal