[R] Crash caused by a call to a C function

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Thu Jun 18 11:42:52 CEST 2009

Hi the list

I write a function MyFunc. To optimize it, I write a C function MyFuncC
then a function MyFunc2 that call .C(“MyFuncC”,….)
The two functions MyFunc and MyFunc2 seem to behave exactly the same way
(they give the same results). But when I test MyFunc2 several times
(around 20), R crash. This is not link to a specific example since if I
test MyFunc2 on the same example several time, I still get a crash.
Any idea of what can cause this kind of error (or even how can I
diagnose the problem)? And how I can correct it?

Sincerely
Christophe