[R] R function found in two packages !

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 18 11:58:30 CEST 2009

Martial Sankar <martial100kar at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a mean to automatically choose one version of the 'rbind' function ? By default, R chose the 'rbind' from {base}, i would lke to use the one from {IRanges}...
> Is it possible to set that using 'par' ?

Are you asking how to find help on IRanges::rbind? The best I can
think of is

  help("rbind", package="IRanges")

IRanges::rbind uses the methods package; there should be no need to
'select' the correct version of rbind when actually using the
function. If that is not the case, then probably the IRanges
maintainer would like to know, perhaps through the Bioconductor
mailing list

Martin