[R] tiff() woes

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 18 13:38:39 CEST 2009

>> I checked on the affected computer and both tiff and cairo
>> capabiliies
>> return FALSE. How that is I would not know, it's a bog standard R
>> installation on windows XP.
> The 2.9.0 Windows install does not have TIFF capability.  Try png() or
> something else.

I don't know about that, but R is definitively spitting out a 10x10cm
300dpi tiff without issues. It's when a bigger/higher dpi image is
required that it bails out. I'm also told that jpeg() does not work on
that specific machine.

Federico C. F. Calboli
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
Imperial College, St. Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG

Tel +44 (0)20 75941602   Fax +44 (0)20 75943193

f.calboli [.a.t] imperial.ac.uk
f.calboli [.a.t] gmail.com