[R] R: JGR installation errors

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Jun 19 16:16:09 CEST 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 10:08 , <mauede at alice.it> <mauede at alice.it> wrote:

> It works now. Thank you.
> I even succeeded in starting R by clicking on JGR icon that I placed
> on my desktop.
> I wonder whether some Java or system flag that unlocks Mutex (I
> ignore what it is) has to be set somewhere ...
> maybe fron the .bashrc file.
> The first time I happened to get JGR running (as root) a warning
> popped up (I haven't saved it)
> about a possible crash caused by Mutex being unlocked by anothe
> thread ...
> I restarted JGR as regular user and that message is not printed out
> any more.
> I do not know whether I can feel confident everything is fine with
> this installation ... ?

That's fine - the way JGR works is that the first callback moves form
the start thread to the R thread hence the message, but it's safe
since it stays in the R thread afterwards. The message is a warning in
general but in that one case it's ok. If it occurred later after JGR
is started, that would be something to worry about.

Cheers,
Simon