[R] Maximum number of tables combined with rbind

gug guygreen at netvigator.com
Sat Jun 20 07:02:51 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have been using read.table to read data files into R, then rbind to
combine them into one table.  The column headings are all identical, so it
should be straightforward, and it seems to be working well so far.

My question is: What is the maximum number of tables that can be combined
with rbind?

Is it driven by the number of rows in the tables, by a constraint with the
syntax of rbind itself, by my PC's memory, or by some other constraint?  At
this point the data files I am reading in are approx 2,500 rows x 150
columns.

Thanks,

Guy Green