[R] coloring agnes plots

Raymond Wan r.wan at aist.go.jp
Mon Jun 22 10:38:28 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am creating dendrograms using agnes and was wondering if it is
possible to add color to the leaves (and just the leaves).

For example, in the documentation, they have an example using the
"votes.repub" data set.  If I wanted to make the word "Washington" green
(and only Washington), is it possible and if so how?

I can apply "summary" to the object created by agnes and even see the
names of the objects:

Order of objects:
  [1] Alabama        Georgia        Arkansas       Louisiana
Mississippi

but I don't know how to designate colors to the objects...

Thank you!

Ray