[R] xyplot: subscripts, groups and subset

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Mon Jun 22 15:00:46 CEST 2009

Auty, Dave <dave.auty <at> forestry.gsi.gov.uk> writes:

> I'm running the following code to produce lattice plots of microfibril
> angle versus ring number in Scots pine. There are 12 trees and 5 sample
> positions ("Position") in each tree:
>
> xyplot(MFA ~ RN | Tree, data = MFA.data,
>
>        groups = Position, subscripts=TRUE,
> subscripts=subscripts,lty=8, cex=0.25)
>
>            })
>
> But it is giving me the error message:
>
> >         })
>
> Error: unexpected '}' in "           }"

The code syntactically works for me, but you have posted it out of
context, so problem might be BEFORE the posted sample. It is also possible
that some unprinting code might have interfered, which is difficult to find.

So if there is really no problem above the xyplot(), try to explicitly
retype the  whole function call.

Dieter