[R] CRAN: 64 bit OS X Leopard build

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Jun 24 13:14:43 CEST 2009

Daniel Brewer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am after a stable 64 bit binary of R for OS X Leopard (i.e. 2.8).
> There seems to be the siggestion that thery should be available from CRAN:
> "leopard  	Binaries of universal (32-bit and 64-bit) package builds for
> Mac OS X 10.5 or higher"

It says "package build" which means there are the contributed CRAN
packages (roughly 1800 of them).
Not sure which libraries you have seen. We generally do not publish any
library directories on CRAN (hence I suspect you are confusing libraries
and packages).

The R for MacOS binaries are available from
CRAN-mirror/bin/macosx/

which has a link to the Leopard binary (ít says "This binary was tested
on both Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).") at
CRAN-mirror/bin/macosx/R-2.9.0.dmg

Best,
Uwe Ligges