[R] RODBC: Trying to read an Excel file

Rodrigo Aluizio r.aluizio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:46:18 CEST 2009

Try the function sqlFetch to import the data in the spreadsheet.

jo<-odbcConnectExcel("i:\\all\\sorkinjohn\\stats\\silvermannatalie\\NEMOcomb
ined06-24-09.xls",readOnly = TRUE)
mo<-sqlFetch(jo,'Your Sheet Name or Number',colnames=F,rownames=F)
mo

Hope it helps.

MSc. Rodrigo Aluizio
Centro de Estudos do Mar/UFPR