[R] JRI - problem to access "stats" package

GRAN gran at teamlog.com
Fri Jun 26 12:01:08 CEST 2009

Hi Geoff,
Tks a lot for your reply.
There are many points we do not understand.
Can you clarify those one:

- At first, why do you speak about an eclipse plugin ?
We have compiled R and JRI together, so we get a jar file. We finally
include this jar file inside our java project as a referenced libraries.
So we do not understand why you are speaking about plugins and
MANIFEST.MF file.

- Nevermind, which MANIFEST.MF file are you speaking about ? the one of
the JRI plugin ? (if a JRI plugin exists...)

- Last things, you speak about a build.properties. In our project we
haven't any. Is there a work around to do the same ?

Tks for any help,
Antoine

Hi Antoine,

I have got this to work on Windows, the process should be the same for
Linux.

For an eclipse plugin you will need to add the following to your
MANIFEST.MF file:

Bundle-ClassPath: <whatever you normally have>,
 lib/JRI.jar
Bundle-NativeCode: /lib/jri.dll; osname=winxp; processor=x86

You will also need to ensure that the *R* executable is in your path and
that *R_HOME* is set.

I did this by creating a simple batch file containing the following in a
directory called *rootfiles* within our feature, the same should work for
a .sh :

 set PATH=%CD%\<*R* install>\exe;%PATH%
 set *R_HOME*=%CD%\<*R* install>
 eclipse.exe

I then added the following line to the build.properties file of the
feature:
*root*=*rootfiles*

This tells eclipse to copy the content of the directory to the *root* of
the application on install.

If you then *run* eclipse from the batch file, it should work.

--

Geoff Gibbs
mangosolutions

Tel +44 (0)1249 767 700