[R] How to read a specific dataset, not the entire data, from HDF5?

Daehyok Shin sdhyok at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:43:42 CEST 2009

Hi. Recently I am working for  a project to generate massive numeric data.
After storing them in HDF5 using PyTables, we are trying to use R for
data analysis and visualisation.
Surprising to me, however, I could not find a R package to allow the
reading of a specific dataset (or its slide) in a HDF5 file.
I found I can read and write only the entire data using hdf5 package
and I could not locate rhdf5 in bioconductor.
Each dataset is huge, so selecting a specific dataset is a mandatory
function for my project.
Could you give me a hint for the solution? Thanks.

--
DH